The Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) and the Pakistan Super League (PSL 2020) have ended shortly choosing Mumbai Indians (MI) and the Karachi Kings (KK) as the winners respectively. The T20 leagues have been blockbusting and gave goosebumps to cricket cheerers throughout their tenures.
PSL 2020, which was suspended midway amidst the Coronavirus outbreak, has completed its playoffs and final whereas, IPL 2020 could not even start as Corona was already on its peak.
We have collected some very major coincidences that happen similarly in IPL 13 and PSL 5. Have a read to get shocked!.
Surprising similarities between the final of IPL 2020 and PSL 2020
Here are some mind-blowing coincidence between PSL 2020 and IPL 2020 finals
- Both the finals were played on the same day of week i.e Tuesday
- In both finals, the team with the dark blue kit get to the victory
- In both finals, the losing team won the toss and elected to bat first
- In both finals, the team batting first lost the match
- In both finals, the team batting first lost 7 wickets
- In both finals, the chasing team lost 5 wickets & won by 5 wickets
- In both finals, 1 down batsman of the losing team (Hafeez & Rahane) got caught on 2 runs playing the same 4 deliveries
- In both finals, the chasing team reached the target at 18.4 overs
- Sherfane Rutherford was part of both teams, Mumbai Indians (MI) in IPL 2020 and Karachi Kings (KK) in PSL 2020.
- Both losing teams reached the final for the first time in the respective history of their tournament
- Mumbai and Karachi, both are the capital cities of their respective countries.
Are you surprised? It left us surprised too. Stay tuned with Crictribune to read more such stories.