Chetan Chauhan, the former Indian cricketer, has passed away on Sunday after being diagnosed with COVID-19. According to the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI), the player was admitted to the hospital and met his final destination being there.
The board has expressed its sorrow on his death. The president of the board, Sourav Ganguly, revealed that he visited him so much when he was the manager of India Cricket Team.
Praising his playing tricks, Ganguly said he was an inspiring opening batsman. Discussing COVID-19 that has made 2020 worst so far, the president said it shall be pulled out of lives as it has taken the lives of beloved ones.
Chetan Chauhan: The former Indian cricketer passes away due to COVID-19
“The BCCI expresses grief on the passing away of Chetan Chauhan,” the statement said. “The former India cricketer was admitted to a hospital after being tested positive for COVID-19 and breathed his last on Sunday.”
“I’ve spent so much time with him when he was the Indian cricket team’s manager,” Ganguly said. “Not only was he a tough opening batsman but was a person with a tremendous sense of humor and had a tremendous attachment to Indian cricket.
“This year needs to be forgotten as it has taken a lot of dear people away. He will always remain with us.”
The player featured in India Cricket from 1969-1981 and was known as an excellent opening smasher of his tenure.
Coronavirus has spread like a bushfire across the globe and has costed many human lives. Many people are suffering from it and some are tested positive. In India, the situations are not yet handled as BCCI has dragged its cash-rich T20 league out of the country, UAE.